With almost a third of arable land classified as degraded, what can we do to reverse the rapid pace of degradation and can we do it in a way that benefits us?
Rewilding is the concept of reintroducing native animals and plants to an area where they have declined or gone extinct.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve eaten some pretty strange things in my time:
- Australian animals and ferals – camel, crocodile, kangaroo – but then who hasn’t
- Big game in East Africa – giraffe, zebra, gazelle, eland
- Guinea Pigs in South America
- The eggs of the horseshoe crab in Thailand
- A range of fungus, lichen, moss, ferns and conifers in China
- And even part of a human placenta – although I didn’t realise it at the time – during a tribal ritual in Tanzania